Back to Basics
- A minimum three strong stories (high-performance emotions);
- At least one “beautiful” picture that will tell a story in 10 seconds;
- List of what I need to know and I can find in the newspaper/magazine;
- List of what I should know if I have extra five minutes;
- Something that will make me feel good.
At the end newspapers and magazines, also web pages and digital publications are - for reading.
The simple architecture of the page.
Good design have a precise grid, with a combination of columns based on a set (usually 5 or 6 columns), out of that number you can generate other combination.
When selecting a number of basic columns you have to watch out for the newspaper format, and size of a type that you use in your design.