This blog deals with the integration of digital media in the marketing strategy of one of the most popular brands worldwide – Coca Cola. Thus, Coca –Cola has recently launched an interactive digital magazine called ‘Coca-Cola Journey’. According to this article, this effort is part of the company’s multi-year, multi-million-dollar investment in its content publishing
Some of the key points considered to incorporate digital media in the company’s marketing efforts were:
• To better engage consumers
• To enhance the brand’s corporate presence online
The company’s inspiration to go digital came from a quarterly internal magazine called Journey (1987-1997). The company has reported that they intend to keep on posting corporate updates, such as press releases, earnings reports, job openings, and executive biographies; nevertheless, the main focus will be keeping the design like ‘a digital magazine’
What is new in the Coca- Cola digital magazine?
Coca-Cola Journey provides a variety of new features to capture the interest of fans, which include the following:
• A storytelling platform where fans can read about a range of categories such as brands, community, entertainment, the environment and health.
• Social cause topics and news: Consumers can get updated information on social cause topics and Coca-Cola news
• Debate and dialogue: Consumers can also engage in debate or dialogue with the company and each other
• Interactive features: Coca-Cola Journey will also provide consumers with interactive features such as videos, photography, audio clips, infographics, and user-generated polls.
Undoubtedly, digital magazines are becoming the new trend as reports show they can be effective channels to achieve two of the most important goals any company has: engage the target groups and enhance brand awareness. If you are interested about integrating a digital magazine in your marketing efforts, check out our Digital Publishing Resources.