Whiteness is designer’s most quiet assistant.
I worked with many editors in chefs and designers in last 15 years.
There’s a big difference between editors that works in media in Western Europe and United States and those from East European countries.
While West is free in mind and soul, East is very closed in them selves and insecure. Therefor East doesn’t like – white space. They want to fill it up with anything, titles, photos, text…
West is on a higher level of editing the news, more organized, more secure. All of this make them be ahead of eastern colleagues.
The white space on the page make layout seems cleaner, you get the false impression that papers are printed on brighter paper. And that’s a big reason for creating the white side, always incorporate white space in your design or redesign.
White markings are important – Besides the obvious, there are still some places where you can use a good quality white:
- 1.Spacing between headings, subheadings and superscript headlines
- 2. Between photos and signatures
- 3. Between subheadings and text that follows him
- 4.Between elements on the page, frame, graphics, etc.
- 5.Below the header section
- 6. Between ads and content – sometimes you technical solutions within the system used to prevent it, but try to find a satisfactory solution